Many people now opt for tooth coloured white fillings which offer a natural looking, strong and safe alternative to amalgam.
Cerec ceramic fillings can be placed quickly and easily. They avoid the use of any metals, instead incorporating all natural materials- so are ideal for those who may be concerned about the safety of metal-base fillings and look to avoid them.
Cerec restorations do not require impressions to be taken and, using the sophisticated CAD/CAM system, it is possible for your restoration to be manufactured and fitted in just one appointment. Using 3D images of your teeth taken on our cameras your restoration will be milled in the surgery within minutes. No temporary work is required and Cerec can be used for inlays, onlays, crowns, veneers. It is suitable for use on all teeth.
Why not call us today for more information. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
CEREC – a procedure with a long tradition
The CEREC procedure was developed at Zurich University and has been successfully deployed in dental practices since 1985 – i.e. for more than 25 years.
Worldwide more than 25,000 practices in over 50 countries work with the CEREC system.
Since 1985 over 8 million patients have been treated using the CEREC procedure. More than 20 million ceramic restorations have been created and placed.
Long-term clinical studies demonstrate that, in terms of durability, CEREC restorations are at least equivalent to gold restorations.
Depending on the individual case, CEREC fillings can achieve even better results than gold fillings.
The CEREC treatment procedure means:
- No conventional impressionsThe CEREC 3D measuring camera scans the prepared tooth in just a few seconds. This eliminates the need for unpleasant silicone impressions.
- No temporariesCEREC restorations are milled out of a solid ceramic block in just a few minutes. They are then ready to be placed immediately. This eliminates the need for temporary fillings and crowns. It also means that you need only one appointment. And you don’t have to wait for days on end until the ceramic filling is finished.
- No long waiting periodsBecause CEREC restorations can be placed immediately, you need only one appointment. And you benefit from tooth restorations which have demonstrated their durability time and time again.
For more information and video, click here »
The CEREC procedure step by step
- Before treatment begins we inform you about the benefits of CEREC.
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC camera.
- The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition unit.
- The CEREC milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.