We are always pleased to welcome new patients to our practice!
We are pleased to advise that we are currently taking on new NHS and private patients.
As we hope you will appreciate, the previous medical history of a new patient is very important and therefore before registering we will need to gather further information about you- including certain medical conditions or regular medications that could potentially affect your teeth and gums.
With this in mind, we require you to complete a comprehensive medical history and oral assessment. The medical history form can either be sent to us prior to – or brought along to- your first appointment.
You can download the medical history form here: Click here to download.
Our promise to you is whatever dentistry you are looking for, from simple routine care to a complete smile makeover we can help.
We look forward to making your visit a pleasant one.
You are responsible for:
- Giving at least 24 working hour notice if you have to cancel or change your appointment. We will not charge you for missed appointments if you will provide us with adequate notice – but if you miss more than 2 appointments we may no longer be able to offer you treatment on NHS at this practice.
- Following your dentist’s advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Paying your bill promptly.
- Bring proof of entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is seen your eligibility will be checked.
- Treating our staff with courtesy and respect.
Emergency appointment procedures may differ in each branch so please call them directly for further information. We are able to see emergency cases in all 3 of our NW branches. This is by way of a ‘sit and wait’ procedure in the surgery with patients invited in to wait for available slots as they arise between planned appointments.