We welcome you to our practice!
We are currently taking on new NHS and private patients. As a new patient to our practice we need to gather information about you. This will involve a comprehensive medical history and oral examination.
Your medical history is very important as certain conditions and medications can affect your teeth and gums.
Please download the medical history form and send it or bring it to us on your first appointment.
Click here to download.
Our promise to you is whatever dentistry you are looking for, from simple routine care to a complete smile makeover we can help.
We look forward to making your visit a pleasant one.
You are responsible for:
- Giving at least 24 working hour notice if you have to cancel or change your appointment. We will not charge you for missed appointments if you will provide us with adequate notice – but if you miss more than 2 appointments we may no longer be able to offer you treatment on NHS at this practice.
- Following your dentist’s advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Paying your bill promptly.
- Bring proof of entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is seen your eligibility will be checked.
- Treating our staff with courtesy and respect.
We see emergency cases in all our 3 branches in between booked appointments as a “sit and wait” procedure.
For further information please seek advice in each branch as emergency procedures might be slightly different.