Ceramic Fillings, with CEREC
The revolutionary Cerec fillings offered at our surgery allow for natural looking, white fillings which can be fitted quickly and easily in just one appointment.
Aesthetic and safe
Cerec fillings are tooth coloured allowing them to blend in beautifully with your natural teeth. They are completely metal-free and are made from bio-compatible materials. For anyone looking to avoid metal alloys they are the ideal alternative.
Quick and easy to fit
Restorations can be produced and placed in one single appointment using the modern CAD/CAM technology which gives us a 3D image of your tooth. They do not require impressions or numerous appoitments which can often require temporary restorations.
Strong and long-lasting
White fillings have often been considered less long lasting than metal. Cerec fillings are milled from a ceramic block using 3D images of your tooth. The material is natural, strong and very long-lasting. It can be used on front and back teeth and is suitable for patients of any age.
Call us now for more information. We’d be happy to help.
CEREC – a procedure with a long tradition
The CEREC procedure was developed at Zurich University and has been successfully deployed in dental practices since 1985 – i.e. for more than 25 years.
Worldwide more than 25,000 practices in over 50 countries work with the CEREC system.
Since 1985 over 8 million patients have been treated using the CEREC procedure. More than 20 million ceramic restorations have been created and placed.
Long-term clinical studies demonstrate that, in terms of durability, CEREC restorations are at least equivalent to gold restorations.
Depending on the individual case, CEREC fillings can achieve even better results than gold fillings.
The CEREC treatment procedure means:
- No conventional impressions The CEREC 3D measuring camera scans the prepared tooth in just a few seconds. This eliminates the need for unpleasant silicone impressions.
- No temporaries CEREC restorations are milled out of a solid ceramic block in just a few minutes. They are then ready to be placed immediately. This eliminates the need for temporary fillings and crowns. It also means that you need only one appointment. And you don’t have to wait for days on end until the ceramic filling is finished.
- No long waiting periods Because CEREC restorations can be placed immediately, you need only one appointment. And you benefit from tooth restorations which have demonstrated their durability time and time again.
For more information and video, click here »
The CEREC procedure step by step
- Before treatment begins we inform you about the benefits of CEREC.
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC camera.
- The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition unit.
- The CEREC milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.